Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Google Docs + Forms = Interactive Cultural Reading

To learn more about cultural differences that exist in vacation planning, students read an article that I placed into a  Google Doc.  At the bottom of the Doc, I placed a link to a Google Form I created that assessed their reading comprehension.  The thing I really liked is that the combination provided a richer reading experience for students and made it more interactive.  In addition, with the new Google Forms features, I was able to include a map image that was needed for reference for one of the questions.  Students were much more focused on this activity than with traditional reading activities that I have done in the past.  Also, many commented on how they liked it much better!  Check out the video below to see the activity taking place!

Take a look at the activity! > Unit 1.2 Cultural Reading w/linked Google Form


No comments:

Post a Comment