Monday, September 9, 2013

Custom Google Search - Intro. to our first unit

In Spanish 3 I am currently re-doing the curriculum and basing all of the major units around an essential question/understanding.  For unit 1 it is "How do people enjoy the outdoors in other parts of the world?".  To introduce students to this and have them learn about some of the popular outdoor activities in other countries, I created a customized Google search using various Spanish websites.  I then had students search and put together a list as a class of the different countries and popular outdoor activities there.  The activity when really well and what I liked is that they were exploring the sites, coming up with their own information, and sharing it with the class versus me just telling them about it.  Take a look at the video below to see how it went!


No comments:

Post a Comment