Friday, January 13, 2012

Twitter - Powerful Professional Development

I can't express enough what an impact Twitter, used as a professional development tool, has had on my educational practices over the past couple of years!  It is amazing the number of useful resources, ideas, and advice I obtain from other educators all around the world on a daily basis!  

Twitter has also served as a great way to document and share what I am doing this year, implementing a 1:1 environment with Android Tablets (Motorola Xoom and Asus EePad Transformer), with others.  I have linked/fed my professional blog, www.fillingthetechtoolbox.blogspot.com to Twitter using Twitter Feed, which automatically sends out tweets when I post new information on my blog, including the link to that specific post.  If you would like to link your own blog to Twitter, please see the my tutorial below.  




One additional thing of great use on Twitter is the Hashtag(#)! Hashtags allow you to collect/research information about a specific topic within Twitter.  See the tutorial for more information on the Twitter Hashtag.

All in all, if you are not on Twitter yet, sign up now!  It is the best most convenient professional development out there and a great way to share what you are doing with other educators too.  Did I mention it is completely free???

No comments:

Post a Comment